giovedì 23 dicembre 2010

The Kuki Witch Project

Just retrieved my Grandma's cookbook.


When I was a child I thought it was kinda of a sorcery book (the black cover and its saved-from-a-wreckship appearence obviously contributed alot), thus making of Granma a sort of witch.

Unfortunately for my childish fantasies and luckily for my tongue, she was simply an exceptional cook and her cookbook - as I discovered only recently - is the 12th edition of the most famous best-seller of Italian kitchen since its first edition in 1929, "Il Talismano della Felicità - The Talisman of Happiness" by Ada Boni.

It's still published, updated and well sold till nowadays. But this copy obviously is of a great value to me because it dates to her marriage and is plenty of her handwritten notes and recipes.

Julie had Julia's cookbook, Kuki's got Grandma's!
That doesn't mean that I will try all the recipes in it, simply because some are absurd or provide for unreacheable ingredients or come from an era when the fridge had still to be invented. But will do my best!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento